Last cut-out I decided to register the process!
there is not a lot of mystery involved.
1. work on sketches,this one i just wanted to work on a more elaborate dress/simple pose, i used photo references for it of course.
2. transfer the drawing to paper. This time i used different colours of paper, but sometimes i work on a nice thick white paper and just work the colours with acrylics after.
3. I cut out the shapes transfered, then i check if they work alright - my cat is a nosy thing super attracted to a messy desk.
4. I paint the shapes separately! I just add shadows and textures randomly. When i put them together i think that creates a nice superposition.
5. Stick it! I use pva glue, and stick the parts separately and then put them all together.
6. since these paper colours don’t have a lot of contrast, i decided to work on top of everything with black and white colour pencils, but sometimes i use pastels, or more acrylics.
THAT IS IT